Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Policy shall have the meaning assigned to such terms in VAFF’s Terms of Service (“Terms,” available at www.vaff.co/customer-tc), and Your access to and use of our Service is subject to the Terms.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card/passport/birth certificate number, date of birth, nationality, address, telephone/handphone/office number, credit/debit card details, email address, as well as any sensitive personal information in relation to VAFF mobile app and the services provided by VAFF.
Purposes of Processing
VAFF Pte Ltd may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of VAFF Pte Ltd which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by VAFF Pte Ltd:
- to perform the VAFF Pte Ltd’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to download and use the VAFF App (“App”), to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application with the VAFF Pte Ltd and to provide you the benefits offered to customers;
- to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyses our services as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide services to meet your needs;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for VAFF Pte Ltd to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to VAFF Pte Ltd using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
By voluntarily providing us with personal information, you hereby represent that you are the owner of such personal information or are otherwise authorized to provide it to VAFF. You further agree that you are consenting to our collection, use, storage and/or disclosure of such personal information in accordance with this Policy. You acknowledge and agree that your communications with VAFF will inevitably result in the transfer of information, including personal information, across international boundaries. If you provide personal information to VAFF through our Service, you acknowledge and agree that such personal information may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of VAFF and the authorized third parties referred to herein, located in Singapore, and other countries (the “Other Countries”) for storage and processing in accordance with this Policy. You acknowledge and agree that the privacy and data security laws of such Other Countries may be different from the privacy and data security laws in force in the country in which you reside and agree that the privacy and security laws in effect in the applicable Other Countries may govern how your personal information may be collected, used, stored and/or disclosed.
VAFF uses "cookies" to enable you to sign in to our Service and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. To learn more how to control cookie settings through your browser:
- Click here to learn more about the “Private Browsing” setting and cookie setting in FireFox;
- Click here to learn more about “Incognito” and cookie setting in Chrome;
- Click here to learn more about “InPrivate” and cookie setting in Internet Explorer; or
- Click here to learn more about “Private Browsing” and cookie setting in Safari.
If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your internet browsing. To learn more about this feature from Google, click here.
Please note that if you do elect to disable your web browser’s ability to accept cookies, you may not be able to access or take advantage of many features of the Service.
Many jurisdictions require or recommend that website operators inform users as to the nature of cookies they utilize and, in certain circumstances, obtain the consent of their users to the placement of certain cookies. If you are a customer of VAFF, it is your responsibility to inform the individuals with whom you interact using the Service as to the types of cookies utilized in the Service and, as necessary, to obtain their consent. If you require more specific information as to the nature of the cookies utilized in the Service for purposes of fulfilling these obligations, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our Customers, VAFF often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behaviour based on the personal and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analysed on an aggregate basis, and VAFF may share or otherwise publish or distribute this aggregate data. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. VAFF may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe Our Service to current and prospective business partners, customers and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
VAFF currently processes personal information on its servers located in Singapore. We may change the locations in which we process personal information from time to time, including by commencing personal information processing in additional or different Other Countries.
VAFF only shares personal information with other third parties outside of VAFF in the following limited circumstances:
- We have obtained our customer’s consent.
- We sometimes hire third parties perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases and processing payments or otherwise providing us with necessary software, networking, storage and other services we use to provide and operate the service. When we employ a third party to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or;
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of VAFF, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties’ certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
VAFF processes personal information only in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our products and services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. Customers of VAFF may update or change the personal information they have provided to VAFF by logging into the mobile app and providing such information where applicable. VAFF will retain personal information we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide the Service to our customers. We may further retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain accurate accounting, financial and other operational records and enforce our agreements.
VAFF takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected through our service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or electronic transmission (including email) is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet.
OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS
VAFF does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through our services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information on our Service without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided personal information to VAFF through our Service, please contact us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our databases.
This Policy only applies to the services of VAFF Pte Ltd and not to the services of any other entity, affiliate or other third parties (“Third Parties”), even if such services are linked, integrated or sold in conjunction with our Service. Any links, integrations, or co-sales from or with our Service do not imply that VAFF endorses or has reviewed the practices of any such Third Parties. You should contact such Third Parties directly for information on their privacy policies.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with VAFF Pte Ltd, using VAFF Pte Ltd’s services or by virtue of your engagement with VAFF Pte Ltd, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by VAFF Pte Ltd as described in this Notice.
VAFF Pte Ltd shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with VAFF Pte Ltd, by continuing to use VAFF Pte Ltd’s services or by your continued engagement with VAFF Pte Ltd following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.