General Terms and Conditions
These general terms and conditions, together with the terms of your booking of the valet service (the “Service”) effected through the VAFF mobile app (the “Terms”) govern the provision to you of the VAFF service (the “Service”) by VAFF Pte. Ltd. (“VAFF” or “us” or “we”) and constitute the entire agreement between VAFF and you in relation to the Service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. By your use of the Service, you acknowledge that you have read the Terms carefully and you accept and agree to all of them.
By using the Service, you are appointing the appointed VAFF driver as your authorized driver for the purpose of motor insurance coverage.
You agree to indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees and agents, the VAFF designated drivers, Apple Inc. and Google Inc. for any cost loss or liability they may incur:
- in relation to the provision of the Service, to the extent permitted by law; or
- resulting from your breach of any of the Terms or otherwise governing the Service, and any third party referred to in this clause may enjoy the benefit of and enforce the terms of this paragraph in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore.
You represent and warrant and undertake to ensure that:
- you are the owner of the motor vehicle being used for the Service (the “Vehicle”), or if not, you are authorised by the owner to use the Vehicle;
- all necessary licences and permits have been obtained and are in full effect to allow the Vehicle to be driven for the purposes of the VAFF service;
- road tax has been fully paid in respect of the Vehicle;
- there is a valid Certificate of Entitlement in place in respect of the Vehicle;
- there is a valid motor insurance policy issued by a reputable insurer in place in respect of the Vehicle as required pursuant to all relevant legislation, and such policy covers the driving by the appointed VAFF driver of the Vehicle pursuant to the Service;
- the Service is made available solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
- the Vehicle and the Service is not being used for, or in connection with, any illegal, illegitimate or unsavoury activities;
- the Vehicle is in a fit and roadworthy condition for the safety for both yourself, the VAFF designated driver, and anyone else who is occupying the Vehicle during the Service; and
- there is sufficient fuel in the Vehicle for the Service, failing which the VAFF designated driver reserves the right to top up fuel in the Vehicle as necessary to allow the performance of the Service and upon demand by VAFF or by such driver, you shall immediately reimburse VAFF or such driver (as applicable) for such top up.
- Additional $5 will be imposed for every block of 10 minutes waiting time.
- Additional $8 will be imposed for every additional drop off.
- Location surcharges applied.
- You may cancel any time before the VAFF designated driver is matched, once paired with the VAFF designated driver, you are given 3mins to cancel the booking without penalty, after which cancellation fee of $18 applied.
VAFF, its directors, officers, employees, agents, the VAFF designated drivers, Apple Inc and Google Inc shall not, to the extent permitted by law, be held responsible or liable:
- for any accident, injury or death to any person;
- any damage or loss or theft to any property or the Vehicle or any property within the Vehicle;
- any parking fines or for any traffic offences caused by the allocated driver, in particular but not limited where caused pursuant to your instruction;
- all risks such as losses or damages to the vehicle, any other unforeseen losses or damages, parking fines and losses of valuable items inside the vehicle once the VAFF designated driver has parked and exited the vehicle upon your request;
- faulty cars, loss of or theft of valuable items or house keys left on the key ring or inside the vehicle;
- any other unforeseen losses and/or damages whatsoever;
- any indirect or consequential loss; or
- any loss of profit, loss of enjoyment, loss of revenue, loss of data, or loss of earnings,
- we do not agree to accept any goods for safe custody and do not accept responsibility for the same,
and, to the extent permitted by law, you shall not have any recourse against VAFF, its directors, officers, employees, agents, the VAFF designated drivers, Apple Inc and Google Inc in respect of the above. Any third party referred to in this clause may enjoy the benefit of and enforce the terms of this paragraph in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore.
To the extent permitted by law, you shall bear all risks and liabilities when using the VAFF service, and in the event of any of the above losses and/or damages, to the extent permitted by law, the customer shall have no recourse against VAFF, its directors, officers, employees, agents or the VAFF designated drivers, Apple Inc and Google Inc. Any third party referred to in this clause may enjoy the benefit of and enforce the terms of this paragraph in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, Chapter 53B of Singapore.
VAFF reserves the right to refuse potential customers or terminate previously accepted jobs without providing reasons. Any threats or abusive acts towards VAFF, any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or VAFF designated driver may, at the option of VAFF, or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents or VAFF designated driver (as applicable) be reported immediately to the Singapore Police Force.
VAFF reserves the right to amend and/or delete the Terms and/or introduce new terms and conditions to the above in its sole and absolute discretion. As much as VAFF will try to update customers on changes, it remains the ultimate responsibility of customers to update themselves by checking the VAFF website at http://www.vaff.co or such other updated address to be notified to you and the VAFF app for changes. In using the VAFF service you acknowledge that you have read such amended or updated Terms carefully and you agree to all of them.
VAFF shall not be held responsible for delays in the arrival of an allocated driver. This may be due to the previous trip taking longer than expected, or other such relevant unforeseen circumstances.
You agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by VAFF under the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore for the following purposes:
- for the performance of the Service;
- processing payments in relation to the Service;
- managing your booking of the Service;
- providing customer service (such as responding to queries and requests, informing you about service status and product updates; sending you alerts and newsletters)
- conducting market research and improving customer service (e.g. conducting market research or surveys; performing market analysis; managing and enhancing our products and services; developing new products);
- conducting marketing promotions (e.g. sending of alerts, newsletters, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties; offering promotions and loyalty programs);
- for security/verification purposes;
- complying with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. aiding and cooperate with law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits); and
- for any other purpose in respect of the context of the provision of the Service.
You may not assign any of your rights or transfer any of your obligations under the Terms to any other person without VAFF’s approval. VAFF may assign any of its rights or transfer any of its obligations under the Terms to any other person. Any purported assignment or transfer in violation of this Term shall be void.
VAFF’s failure to enforce any right or provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by VAFF in writing.
If any of the Terms become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect under any law of any jurisdiction, neither the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions nor the legality, validity or enforceability of such provision under the law of any other jurisdiction will in any way be affected or impaired.
In the case of any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Terms or the Service, VAFF and yourself shall use reasonable endeavours to settle the dispute amicably before resorting to legal proceedings. The User submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.